This chat illustrates how easy it is for Treating Dentists to submit questions via our chat feature. Many questions are answered directly through the chat. Other times, it is more efficient to continue the discussion via video conference or detailed video reply. orthobrain answers questions quickly, ensuring your comfort and confidence.
Hello. I was wondering about the GERD. Do I just ask the patient/parent about it? Also, I didn’t see if I will be adding U&L 6’s at some point or not. Also about the arch length deficiency. How do I reduce that over the treatment time? And just to be clear, we will extract U c’s after phase 1 is complete before the retainers are given? ThanksTreating Dentist’s Chairside Technician
1) Dr. does a clinical exam to evaluate for GERD and refer if indicated.
2) I don’t see any reason to bond the 6’s unless you develop frowning of the incisors (the video discussion we had last week).
3) Braces are the treatment for arch length deficiency.
4) If Dr. agrees that there is a dentigerous cyst, extract the C’s. It can be right before or during the braces. You are welcomeorthobrain orthodontist
1. Oh ok gotcha
2. Ok just wanted to make sure. So if you don’t include it in the TX plan, then of course don’t bond them unless I see the developing of the frowning?
3. Duh I should of known that 🙂
4. Ok thanks I will ask her about that. The patient is coming in on Friday to get bonded. Thanks againTreating Dentist
My pleasure.orthobrain orthodontist